we are finally set with a new doctor and a new hospital. we were having insurance issues and are now taken care of. i am so relieved. we put the whole baby name thing aside because we don't know what we are having, and i get so antsy until then. i like to find out what it is, name it, and that's it. that's who they are when they are born. and it's like i have connected. it's like i know that baby once it comes out. SOOOOOOO, we are set for monday. i'm having an ultrasound and will hopefully be able to find out and share with everyone. let's hope for a cooperative viewing, please. :) chris is taking the day off. caleb will get to go with us. happy about that. hurry monday! come quick! :) you don't know what a pain this insurance thing was. i am so happy it's settled i could scream. for now- i will leave you with a picture of dr. waters. he actually thought he could hear the baby with that little foam stethoscope. what a kid. :) (this was is in august-- tummy has grown quite a bit since then) lol.
caleb started his very first sport lesson yesterday. he has been trailing along while cam does baseball, kira does soccer, softball, etc. for the last couple of years, so this was a big deal. the little guy finally got to participate!
look how proud he is. :)
look at that follow through. what a stance. :)
one handed! totally keeping his eye on the ball!
1. wear the thickest corderoy pants you own. they are stylish and will benefit you at the end of practice.
2. being the only boy in the group is not a bad thing.
3. miss a few shots and when the coach thinks you haven't been listening, pelt him straight in the tummy with a tennis ball.
4. at the end of the lesson, be dripping with so much sweat, (because you wore the corderoy pants) that you sweet talk mom into buying you an overpriced $3.00 Gatorade even though she brought 2 ice cold water bottles along.
5. for the rest of the day, or maybe week, whenever you get into trouble, be sure and say, “but you loved me so much at tennis!” in a really cute voice, so that your parents will burst out laughing and forget that you did something naughty.
my girl- hasn't missed a day of school since 2nd grade (she's in 5th now). she hardly ever gets sick. but now, she has a little scratchy voice and over the weekend her throat was hurting. so this morning i let her sleep in, thought her and i could have a little QT today while the boys were at school. but nope, she was up and dressed, telling me she is much better-- in that cute little raspy voice...totally trying to sell me. she hates to miss out on school stuff. especially since they start band tomorrow- and she will be learning to play the flute. awwwww. so she goes. off to school with her thermos of soup and healthy snacks. gotta love her dedication, though, huh? i watch her go and hope to God that the throat thing disappears and i don't end up being 'the-mom-that-sent-her-sick-kid-to-school' that everyone hates so much. haha. don't worry, i know that green snot/fever/diarrhea means STAY HOME. just wish all moms knew that. :)
THANK YOU! I HAVE 2 COPIES COMING MY WAY. THANKS TO ALL WHO OFFERED. :) have this sept/oct issue of simple scrapbooks they can spare? i need a copy to give to my son's teacher and can't find one at any of my nearby bookstores. if it's in good condition and you will send it to me, i will send you a 2peas gift certificate in exchange. :) and if there is more than one of you willing, i will take another... i can't find my original copy and i need/want one for my own too.
today is a day to be relished. for the first time in about 10 years i am alone. all of my children are in school. caleb started his 3day preschool this week. when kira started school, i was taking college classes...not that fun. when cam started school, i already had caleb. and next year when caleb starts kindergarten, i will have el bebe in tow. so these next 6 months will really be appreciated. and now-all is silent except for the tapping on the keyboard. what does one do with one self? there are a million things to do like clean the house, laundry, pay bills, etc-- but that is so ordinary. so expected. like the kids are gone, i should be able to get lots done. yeah right. i just want to sit and soak in the silence. i did take care of things like go to the DMV- and as i was driving home, i was wondering what i should do. i passed our little coffee shops and saw other moms from our school socializing and having their lattes, and if i was feeling the least bit social, i would have stopped, but i'm not, so i didn't. i thought about getting a pedicure. now that would have been a treat. maybe i will do that friday. :) instead i stopped at our little candy shop, bought my favorite little treat and came home. to scrap. my favorite thing to get lost in. to be able to create things and cross things off my list. love that so much. laundry- do not love so much. so you see, the choice isn't really that difficult. :)
don't even hate the chocolate gummy bears until you've tried them. they are delightful. :)
when strangers ask me if they are ALL mine. today, while shopping at williams sonoma, the gal at the counter who was being oh-so-helpful says completely incredulously (can i say that?! well if i can't- it's just to explain how totally dumbstruck she truly was!) "are those ALL your kids?!" and instantly she fell off my nice list. i am just totally amazed that people ask things like this.. or tell me that i look too young to have so many kids. i mean, 3 is not the brady bunch. and even if it was, why point out the total obvious to a complete stranger?! who cares?! get a clue! many people have told me that i should take it as a compliment. well, i don't. AT ALL. i am so over it. so once again, my fake smile was plastered over my face and my dagger eyes appeared next to the fake twinkle in 'em as i entered a conversation that i have had over a 500 times with various strangers. 'yes, they are. yes, i am young. yes, they keep me busy.' crazy lady. no, didn't you know? i like dragging around 3 squealing, racing children all over your fine store...it's fun. NOT. :)
okay, probably in your lifetime. 1400 stairs. no bathroom breaks. if you get too tired, your whole group will have to go back. could i do it? at the time i was feeling quite weary and i am scared of heights. but i was torn, miss this exciting event to nap? what a wimp. but in the end, they wouldn't allow pregnant women to climb, so that made the decision a whole lot easier. :) the whole system was quite well planned. they make you take this little course on climbing, you are harnessed to your group of people, you have these cool headlight things, and walkie talkies. some people in the group paid an extra 100 dollars i think to climb during the sunset. chris made it up in time to see the sunset without having to pay the extra money. chris said there was hardly any wind. perfect time to climb. and the view. look at the freaking view. in the lobby of the climb office, they have all these photos of famous people at the top of the bridge. nicole kidman, matt damon, cate blanchett, etc. kinda exciting. these are the pictures they took of chris up at top.
simply stunning. :)
adding the entire bridge shot so you really get an idea. he climbed to the top where the flags are. long way down, huh?
terrie tagged me sometime last week and i lagged. :)
5 random- here goes-
1. hate/disgusted/grossed out by public bathrooms. i appreciate that they are available, but why can't they be cleaned consistently?? i would rather wait till i get home. and don't get me started on public transportation bathrooms. airplanes/trains.... yes, that flight to australia took some psyching up on my part. eeewwww.
2. my candy of choice these days are laffy taffy's. love the strawberry ones. sooo yummy.
3. i always wash my hands the second i get home from being out and about. i am sorta compulsive about this... thinking about washing away the germs before they contaminate my home. i don't even check the answering machine until hands are washed. i am happy to say that kira does the same thing. makes me proud. :)
4. i almost got straight A's in high school. but i almost flunked PE almost every year. and it wasn't even that we were graded on sporty gamey things (which i wasn't TERRIBLE at)... we were graded on THE FREAKING DAMN MILE RUN. wimpy me could not do it under 14 minutes.. which was like a D. if i were at all competitive i might see what my time would be today-- but i am not, so i won't. :)
5. i am not a morning person. sometimes i wish i was, because i think i would be so much more productive.. but i just can't do it. if i wake up at 7 am- i have a headache for the whole morning. and then on weekends, if i wake up before 8 i get all bummed out- like i was cheated out of sleeping in. haha. i know-- i am soaking it up before el bebe comes.
that's it. i am tagging shannon. tidwell that is. you know where she is. you know i can't link. :)
and here's a random picture of me at the kids museum (wearing a cute shirt terrie bought me) since i can't seem to post without adding a photo. :)
oh and ps- all the goodies on that picture are from the new digi kit rhonna made at 2peas! (link to the left under graphics) she really outdid herself on all the brushes and goodies. it's the chick pea kit. soooo cool!
school started today. kids went to bed a little late on accident. i was worried it would be one of those crazy, grumpy, rushing mornings- but it wasn't. i dragged myself out of bed and was pleasantly surprised to see my little 2 lovebugs up and getting ready. they were pretty happy. caleb on the other hand, did not want to get out of bed... he was... not so pleasant.
i love this picture of them. the 2 big kids- looking at the new changes at school... caleb trailing behind- probably thinking about his quiet day without them.
they've been the 3 musketeers all summer.
sad to think he's left behind for the day.
ok. not so sad. :) haha. we went to our favorite bakery for breakfast- something we used to do a lot since caleb was a baby and the big kids were at school. he would sleep in his carseat and chris and i would have quiet time to start our day. today, was not so quiet.
and also, on this first day of september in 1976....
one of my favorite people was born. autumn rosa!!!!! :) (the momma here- not the girl- she's cute too but it's momma's day) :) my funny and so-cute-when-she's-serious cousin... one of my bestest friends...love you girlie. happy birthday!